7th Annual Jeans & Bling to Showcase ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Sept. 24
The 7th Annual Jeans & Bling to benefit Hospice of Texarkana is set for Saturday, Sept. 24 at the Texarkana, Texas Convention Center at 6:30PM.
This fundraising event will feature performances from two world famous ballroom dancers from ABC’s Dancing with the Stars TV show. Anna Trebunskaya and Dmitry Chaplin will be performing three dances with costume changes plus Dmitry will get the audience on its feet and teach them a dance.
Subscribe to Kicker 102.5 on
Once again musical entertainment will be provided by Texarkana’s own Split Decision band. There will also be food, drinks, a silent auction and a raffle.
This year, Jeans & Bling will present a lip sync battle titled “Sing at the Bling” in which competitors will lip sync to a song of their choice for one-two minutes, complete with special lighting and effects for their performance. The top two winners will be determined as the audience votes with dollars. The top two winners will also receive the signature “Belt” style trophy that is seen on the TV show Lip Sync Battle. Jeans & Bling are looking for at least six competitors to take part in this event with participants getting one free ticket to Jeans & Bling.
LIP SYNC BATTLE RULES:
- Have fun! Winners will be determined by who receives the most votes (money) for this worthy charity.
- This is “Jimmy Fallon-style,” which is simpler than the show Lip Sync Battle. Fallon introduced the concept on his show a couple of years ago and it was a big hit. Since then, Spike TV developed a show called Lip Sync Battle that includes large dance troupes. Search online for examples of Fallon’s show.
- Prepare one, 90 second to 2-minute song clip. We can get your soundtrack “edited” to begin and end where you want. Let’s keep it clean—there are lots of fun songs out there to choose from.
- Minimal floor props. Costuming is fine. Talk to Stefanie about questions.
- If you choose a song that is a duet, talk to Stefanie about your idea. Event Committee will need to approve.
- A microphone stand and broken mike will be provided—yes, it can be dropped.
- You must turn a copy of your final music choice in to Stefanie at the Hospice of Texarkana Office, 2407 Galleria Oaks Dr., one week before the event—by 5 p.m., Friday, September 16.
- We will have a dress rehearsal and let you run through your song the day of the event.
If you would like to participate please call Stefanie Brazile at 903-794-4263.
Hospice of Texarkana
This event has raised $303,000 to help build the Hospice of Texarkana Inpatient Care Center which opened June 1 at 2407 Galleria Oaks Drive. Last year Hospice cared for 465 people and provided $242,000 in unfunded care. Hospice of Texarkana/Hospice of Hope was founded in 1985 by the Junior league of Texarkana.