Texarkana Cooks! Make Dinner While You’re Away [RECIPE & SURVEY]
Busy moms agree, sometimes getting dinner on the table in time for the family to eat together seems nearly impossible. That is one of the reasons popular television cooks like Rachael Ray and Lucinda Scala Quinn (Martha Stewart's Executive Food Director, author of Mad Hungry and host of the Hallmark television series of the same name) are so popular.
A while back, we asked our readers and listeners to share some of their favorite recipes that help them get dinner on the table quickly. While we received numerous recipes with great short cut tips, one of the common tips we heard was "Use a Crock-Pot!"
In fact, it seems like nearly everyone uses one of these electric cookers these days. From late-night comedian Jimmy Fallon's Crock-Pot Chili to homemaker-extraordinaire Martha Stewart's Slow-Cooker Pot Roast, there are plenty of prep ahead meals to whip up in one of these gadgets.
Locally, Shawna Pierce, one of our beloved listeners in Texarkana, Ark. sent us the following recipe for one of her family-favorite meals, Beef Tips and Rice!
Beef Tips & Rice
- 2 - 3 pounds of beef stew meat
- 2 family-size cans of Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 packets of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Prepare 4 - 6 cups of Minute Rice, according to package directions.
- Serve stew mixture over rice and serve.
YIELDS: 6 - 8 servings