Lighten Up! Tomorrow is National Grump Out Day!
It's time for the 11th annual Grump Out Day from SmileMania. So, for just one day let's all try to be nice to each other. It's not going to be easy for folks like JW or myself, but we can get through this together.
Grump Out Day encourages everyone to refraining from being grumpy, frowning, grousing or complaining for ONE WHOLE DAY.. But, but... No "buts". We got this.
- Wear anything that might make people smile - buttons, weird clothing, hats, etc. Laughter induces laughter.
- Forward funny emails/texts to your friends - I normally don't encourage this (because, it's annoying and makes me grumpy to have to delete all that junk!), but for today only... GO FOR IT! Include me too: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make smile cards and give them to random people. Take them to a nursing home (many of them could really use a smile, and would greatly appreciate the gesture). Pick people at random out of the phone book and mail them one! Be creative!
- Make a pizza for your co-workers (or family) and make a smiley face with the pepperoni's.
- Sit down and write down some jokes on a small piece of paper. Place them in your kids lunchbox or your spouse's pockets where they'll find them at some point during the day tomorrow.
- Call, text, email or go old school and write a letter to someone you haven't spoken to in a long time just to let them know you still care.
What idea's can you come up with to help make the world a brighter place tomorrow? Share them in the comments section below!