National Park Week Means Free Entrance Into Our National Parks This Week
Put down the technology and reunite with an old friend… Nature.
Growing up, my mother was always kicking my brother and I out of the house to make us go outside and enjoy the fresh air. I’m so thankful she did that. Not only did it force us to use our imagination, but it also gave us an appreciation for the world around us. We also took hikes together as a family.
This week you can do that, for free at our National Parks.
In honor of National Park Week, all National Parks across the country are offering free admittance through Sunday, April 23. This is your chance to see what our area has to offer. Take the kids, take the dogs, take your spouse… Just put down the phone and enjoy what is around you.
Here are some other days throughout the year that you can gain free admittance:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend