Sugarland Stage Collapse: Shocks Country Fans And Artists [Update]
I’m still shocked and saddened by the Indiana State Fair stage collapse at the Sugarland concert that killed 5 people and seriously injured 45 others over the weekend due to high wind gusts.Our thought and prayers continue to go out to the families who lost a loved one and to those who are injured. After hearing the news and seeing the horrific video of the tragedy, many country stars tweeted their feelings including Sugarland.
- “We are stunned and heartbroken for the fans and their families in Indiana,” she said. “We hold those injured in our prayers at this very sad time. There are no words. It is tragic.
Here’s just a few courtesy of CMT:
• Sara Bareilles, opening act for Sugarland posted to her Twitter, “Fortunately we are all safe, but a tragic stage accident has injured some folks in indiana. Our prayers are with them and their families. :(“
• Blake Shelton said, “4 confirmed dead…. The more I see and learn about this the sicker I am… Storms and high winds!!! When will we learn?”
• Jake Owen posted, “Every guy in our crew has thoughts and prayers going out to folks at Indiana State Fair and our friends @Sugarlandmusic.”
• Brad Paisley tweeted, “Really sad about the sugarland stage collapse. What a tragedy.”
• Jason Aldean shared, “Just saw the video of stage collapse last nite at the Sugarland concert. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of the people who were killed and injured. Unbelievable!”
• Keith Urban posted, “I just saw the footage from Indiana State Fair tonight on youtube and am absolutely in shock. We send our prayers and thoughts to each and everyone of you who were there and your families and loved ones as well. God bless you all.”
• Reba said via Twitter, “What happened in Indianapolis tonight is what promoters, artists, crews and fans pray never happens. From my band, crew and the entire Starstruck organization, we send our thoughts and prayers to the 4 people who lost their lives tonight and to everyone who was at the concert . Jennifer and Kristen, I love you both.”
The fair is scheduled to re-open today with a Memorial service planned for those killed and injured. More concerts are slated for later this week including Lady Antebellum and Brett Eldredge on Friday.