Texarkana City Council to Take up City Manager Position
The Texarkana Texas City Council will take up naming Shirley Jaster, permanent City Manager at tonight’s meeting.
Jaster has been the Interim City Manager, since the retirement of the previous manager, John Whitson, back in the Summer. They will also take up contract terms during the closed executive session. The public is invited to attend the open portions of the meeting that gets underway at Texas side City Hall starting at 6PM.
Here is a complete agenda for the meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER CHRISTY PADDOCK
III. MAYOR’S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, October 23, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, November 13, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, November 27, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Governor’s Small Business Forum Meeting: Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Texarkana Convention Center
Fall Farmers Market: Fall Market will run Saturdays from September 23rd until November 25th (with the exception of Saturday, November 18th ). Hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon Saturday, October 28th
Autumn Celebration Parks & Recreation Events: October 12th Movies in the Park* “Wonder Woman” Spring Lake Park October 19th Movies in the Park* “Hocus Pocus” Spring Lake Park October 19th Fall Festival Spring Lake Park October 21st Bark in the Park Spring Lake Park October 28th Fall Fest** Spring Lake Park NOTE: *Movies are scheduled to start at dusk **Fall Fest begins at 5:00.
For a complete list of Parks & Recreation activities and information call 903-798-3978
Hurricane Harvey Relief Responders
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for “Public Hearing” or have been heard at a previous “Public Hearing” are not to be addressed at the “Open Forum”.
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on September 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM.
2. Ordinance No. 2017-108 determining a lack of public necessity and abandoning a part of a utility easement in the vicinity of Central Mall. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: October 9, 2017
3. Resolution No. 2017-110 authorizing the expenditure of Community Relations funds in support of the Live United Bowl Team’s Banquet. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: October 9, 2017
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2017-109 amending the contract with Waste Management for solid waste pickup and transportation. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: October 9, 2017
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2017-099 rezoning an approximate 2 acre tract of land in the R.E. Sevey HRS, A-523, located at 2407 Liberty Lane. Single Family-1 to Single Family-3. Military Warriors Support Foundation, owner. Mary Bowman (under contract to purchase), agent. Public Hearing: October 9, 2017 Second Briefing: October 23, 2017 Council Vote: November 13, 2017
2. Ordinance No. 2017-100 granting a Specific Use Permit to allow a double wide HUD code manufactured home on an approximate 2-acre tract of land in the R.E. Sevey HRS, A-523, located at 2407 Liberty Lane. Military Warriors Support Foundation, owner. Mary Bowman (under contract to purchase), agent. Public Hearing: October 9, 2017 Second Briefing: October 23, 2017 Council Vote: November 13, 2017
3. Resolution No. 2017-102 authorizing the City Manager to execute a lease purchase agreement with Dell Financial Services LLC for replacement computers and equipment for City of Texarkana, TX departments. Public Hearing: October 9, 2017 Second Briefing: October 23, 2017 Council Vote: November 13, 2017
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff
XII. CLOSED SESSION The City Council will convene into closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (Consultation with City Attorney) and Section 551.074 (Personnel Matters) to discuss or deliberate the appointment of Shirley Jaster as City Manager and authorization for a City Manager Employment Contract.
XIII. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION