Texarkana College Preview Day & Admissions Workshop
Texarkana College will be hosting a Preview Day & Admissions Workshop.
Texarkana College is hosting a preview day and admissions workshop for those interested in pursuing a degree or certificate at Texarkana College. High school students will also have the opportunity to learn about dual credit opportunities with participating area high schools. The event is free and open to the public on Sunday, March 2, from 2-4 pm.
College representatives will conduct 30-minute general information sessions at 2:15 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. in the Levi Hall meeting room in the Business and Computer Technology Building. Participants will learn about admission requirements, advising, selecting a major, scholarship opportunities, honors college admission, financial aid, and earning college credit while still in high school.
“We are excited about preview day because it gives our prospective students the opportunity to ask questions, learn about programs and resources we offer, meet staff and faculty, and get individual assistance with both the admissions and financial aid application,” said Lee Williams, Director of Admissions for Texarkana College. “Our primary objective is to provide prospective students and their families with the necessary information they need to be successful here at Texarkana College.”
Computer labs and support staff will be available to assist prospective students with the Apply Texas application. Most Texas higher education institutions, including TC, require the Apply Texas online application. Staff will also be on site to assist participants with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). TC, as well as most higher education institutions, require that students complete the FAFSA to be considered for financial aid. Learn more about FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Students wanting to apply for financial aid at the workshop will need to gather certain information to bring with them to complete the FAFSA application. These documents include:
• Social Security number
• Parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student
• Driver’s license number
• Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
• Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student:
• IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
• Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
• Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
At the conclusion of the workshop, prospective students and their families are invited to enjoy a pizza reception and attend a free concert on campus. The concert is sponsored by the Texarkana College Department of Liberal and Performing Arts and features Irish music sensation Brock McGuire Band. The concert begins at 4 p.m. in the Truman Arnold Student Center on the Texarkana College campus.