Texas A&M-Texarkana Announces New Safety Mobile APP
The local University is launching a new safety and security mobile app feature call TAMUT eduSafe.The mobile app was designed by the Texas A&M Health Science Center. It is now available for both Apple and Android phone and tablet users. TAMUT eduSafe can be downloaded free of charge from iTunes or Google Play.
The new app features technology that will provide A&M-Texarkana students, faculty, staff and visitors a more informed and safer campus community. The app has several key advantages:
1. Provides rapid access to the campus Police Department with easy navigation to the precise person you need to speak with.
2. Access to the latest versions of the A&M-Texarkana emergency procedures.
3. Ability to report campus safety hazards.
4. Information about the university's mass notification program called School Messenger.
5. Quick access to current annual campus security reports.
6. One touch dialing for quick access to the University Police Department to request an escort to your vehicle, class or other location.
7. Display maps of campus buildings, classrooms and parking lots, as well as other transportation related information.
8. A simple, single point of access to university compliance information.
9. Links to external web-based supplemental information.
If you need more information or questions about TAMUT eduSafe, contact Sara Power, Environmental Health and Safety Officer at email@example.com or call her at (903) 334-6618.