Trace Adkins Home Destroyed By Fire
Trace Adkins’ home in Brentwood, Tennessee caught on fire Saturday afternoon. Everyone in the home, including the Adkins’ pets made it out safely but fire officials told the Tennessean that the home is a total loss. The blaze reportedly broke out when a dryer in the Adkins’ garage burst into flames. Trace was traveling at the time of the fire, as he was scheduled to perform in Alaska later this week. His children were home with their nanny while his wife Rhonda was out running errands. Trace’s daughter Brianna told reporters with local TV station WTVF, “At first we were in the living room watching a movie and then the washer and dryer exploded in the garage.” Firefighters were still fighting the blaze hours after arriving on the scene. Trace returned home on Sunday and started sorting through the damage.
Trace’s wife Rhonda told WSMV, a local Nashville TV station that the family had a fire safety plan in place along with a designated meeting place near the home. The nanny who was home at the time of the fire reportedly executed the plan perfectly and the children were led to safety.
Local TV station WSMV reports that fire did not reach the basement, but water did, and some artifacts from the basement including some of Trace’s gold records may be saved.
Trace’s wife Rhonda told WSMV that although “stuff is just stuff” she’s “sick” over the loss of wedding pictures and negatives that were in the home and took a moment to tell viewers to “practice fire safety and back up all your pictures”.
No word yet on whether or not Trace will still make scheduled appearances on Wednesday night in Alaska or this weekend at the CMA Music Festival in Nashville.