U of A Hope-Texarkana Shooting Team Competed in San Antonio
The University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana Iron Horse Shooting Team competed in the ACUI Collegiate Clay Target Championships in San Antonio, Texas, on March 26 through April 1 and finished seventh place in all-around American events for their division and eighth place in high overall points.
According to the Press Release, here are the final event standings for the team:
- Sporting Clays 9th place, Austin Johnston top shooter
- Super Sporting Clays 6th place, Austin Johnston top shooter
- International Trap 8th place, Zack Rhinehart top shooter
- International Skeet 10th place, Austin Johnston top shooter
- American Trap 12th place, Zack Rhinehart top shooter
- American Skeet 8th place, Austin Johnston top shooter
Iron Horse Coach, Eddy Anders, finished second in the Blaser Invitational Sporting Clays event for Coaches with a 95/100 score.
“It was a very eventful week with every day being filled with opportunity to compete at a higher level for trophies and scholarships,” said Eddy Anders, Coach. “We were right in the mix in every event, and the team worked together and had fun up to the very last day. It was my honor to represent and coach these young men at the National Championships.”