Arkansas Food Hall of Fame Nominations Close Oct. 31
The fourth annual Arkansas Food Hall of Fame will close its nomination period next week on October 31, 2019. Time is running out to nominate your favorite restaurants, proprietors and food-themed events from every part of the state.
According to the press release, nominations are accepted at ArkFoodHOF.com in five categories:
- Arkansas Food Hall of Fame – This award recognizes those long-standing restaurants that have become legendary attractions in Arkansas.
- Proprietor of the Year – This award honors a chef, cook and/or restaurant owner in Arkansas who has made significant achievements in the food industry.
- Food-Themed Event – This award honors a community food-themed event or festival that makes our state a great place to live and visit.
- Gone But Not Forgotten – This award remembers the collective culinary legacy of a once-and-always influential Arkansas restaurant that has since ceased operations.
- People’s Choice – This award identifies the public’s favorite. It is truly in the hands of Arkansans. The restaurant or food truck that receives the highest number of votes wins.
Winners will be chosen this winter by a special committee of Arkansans who are historians, chefs, foodies and food authors. Committee members include, Paul S. Austin, Evette Brady, Chip Culpepper, Cindy Grisham, Stacy Hurst, Montine McNulty, Tim Morton, Rex Nelson, Tim Nutt, Kat Robinson, Julienne Crawford, Christina Shutt and Swannee Bennett. Finalists will be announced in January and honorees will be announced at a special ceremony on February 24, 2020, at the Ron Robinson Theater in Little Rock.