Looking For Something To Do This Weekend?
This weekend features 'Slap Fest' and some great live music for you to check out.
1. Slapfest is back at Sling Blades on Saturday night. Here is a quick video of just how crazy Slapfest can be.
If you are curious about how it all goes down I did a story on the last time they were here.
2. LIve Music In Texarkana. From local favorites like "The Dusty Rose Band" and "Crooked Halo" to country superstar Easton Corbin, you can find some great music in Texarkana.
3. Sunday Funday is a chance to get some great BBQ live music and play some baggo for a great cause Opportunities Inc. It is Sunday at Crossties.
4. The Literacy Council of Bowie and Miller County's annual 'Spelling Bee' is Saturday at the Truman Arnold Center at Texarkana College.
5. Habitat for Humanity has a rummage sale going on Saturday. Here is what they had to say about this fundraise happening on Saturday:
Come see us for our annual rummage sale. Outside booths available $10...food trucks, music, outside vendors, and the store open for business
Habitat For Humanity is located at 3632 New Boston Road in Texarkana.
Bonus. We have a new station for you to check out. Good Time Oldies is on the air at 107.5 FM and 790 AM. What are good time oldies?
GOOD TIME OLDIES features the golden era of pop, rock, and soul: hit music of the ’60s and ’70s with a healthy portion of “oh-wow” songs from other decades. The music is up-tempo and the presentation is full of energy, including features about rock and roll history and the timeless artists of the era.
Here is the website for the new station. You can also follow us on Facebook and we have a free app as well