Everything We Know About Justin Moore’s New Album, ‘Late Nights and Longnecks’
Justin Moore is getting ready to release his first new album since 2016! Late Nights and Longnecks is due out this summer.
In the lead-up to the release of Moore's new album, we've been able to piece together the details thanks to interviews he's done and songs he's shared. Below, find all of the information you need to know about Late Nights and Longnecks.
In late January, Moore shared that his new album will be called Late Nights and Longnecks. The album follows Moore's 2016 release, Kinda Don't Care, which hit No. 1 on the country charts and spawned two No. 1 and gold-certified singles.
The Release Date
Late Nights and Longnecks, Moore's fifth studio album, was originally due out on April 26. However, on Twitter on April 2, the singer announced that its release was being delayed until July 26 -- a three-month wait. No further details as to the cause of the delay were given.
The Record Label
Moore is currently signed to the Valory Music Co., a part of the Big Machine Label Group.
The Album Cover
The Late Nights and Longnecks album cover features a semi-silhouetted Moore against a sunset-filled sky. The album's title and Moore's name appear at the bottom, in a Western-style font.
Curiously, there are no horses in sight on the album cover. On Jan. 31, the singer shared a photo of his photoshoot battle wounds, the result of working with livestock. During the session, the singer says, a horse stepped on his leg and foot; his leg is cut up and badly bruised, but Moore kept his sense of humor about the situation.
"Anything for art!" Moore writes. "Hopefully we got the shot though!"
Late Nights and Longnecks was produced by Jeremy Stover.
"The Ones That Didn't Make It Back Home" is the first single from Moore's forthcoming album. Moore co-wrote the song with Paul Digiovanni and Chase McGill.
The verses of "The Ones That Didn't Make It Back Home" tell the story of a young soldier whose life was cut short while he was serving his country. The lyrics are just specific enough to paint a vivid picture, yet they're general enough to evoke the stories of any number of fallen military members.
Moore worked with an all-star group of musicians on Late Nights and Longnecks. Guitarist Brent Mason, a Grammy Awards and CMA Awards winner, and ACM Awards-winning pedal steel player Paul Franklin are both featured on the project.
“I’ve never worked with those guys before, but they’ve played on some of my favorite albums of all time,” says Moore in a press release. “We thought it would be really cool to bring them in and record the whole thing at the Castle, this historic studio just south of Nashville where a lot of those legendary hit records were made.”
Late Nights and Longnecks features 10 songs, all co-written by Moore. His co-writers on the project include David Lee Murphy, Rhett Akins and Casey Beathard. A complete track listing is below.
Justin Moore, Late Nights and Longnecks Track Listing:
1. “Why We Drink” | Justin Moore, Casey Beathard, David Lee Murphy, Jeremy Stover
2. “That’s My Boy” | Justin Moore, Casey Beathard, Jeremy Stover
3. “The Ones That Didn’t Make It Back Home” | Justin Moore, Paul DiGiovanni, Chase McGill, Jeremy Stover
4. “Jesus and Jack Daniels” | Justin Moore, Paul DiGiovanni, Chase McGill, Jeremy Stover
5. “Airport Bar” | Justin Moore, Casey Beathard, Paul DiGiovanni, Jeremy Stover
6. “Small Town Street Cred” | Justin Moore, Paul DiGiovanni, Chase McGill, Jeremy Stover
7. “Never Gonna Drink Again” | Justin Moore, Rhett Akins, Paul DiGiovanni, Jeremy Stover
8. “On the Rocks” | Justin Moore, Paul DiGiovanni, Chase McGill, Jeremy Stover
9. “Someday I Gotta Quit” | Justin Moore, Casey Beathard, Paul DiGiovanni, Jeremy Stover
10. “Good Times Don’t” | Justin Moore, Paul DiGiovanni, Chase McGill, Jeremy Stover
Moore is currently playing across the country and has stops scheduled throughout August. A full list of shows can be seen on his website.
Who Else Has New Music Coming in 2019?