Texarkana, Ark., City Board to Discuss Delinquent Taxes
The Texarkana, Ark., City Board of Directors meets in regular session tonight starting at 6:30 at City Hall.
One of the agenda items will be in regard to razing substandard properties with delinquent taxes. Here is the complete agenda for tonight's meeting:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Invocation Given by Director Travis Odom
4. Pledge of Allegiance by Director Travis Odom
5. Comments from the Mayor
6. Questions from Directors and other business
7. Consent Agenda:
A. Approval of Minutes of the regular meeting Sept. 19, 2016.
B. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a construction contract for the construction of Bobby Ferguson Park Playground Equipment to RJR Enterprises, Inc.
C. Adopt a Resolution to set the date for a public hearing concerning the right of way abandonments in Fairview Addition.
8. Consider the following action concerning six razed substandard structures:
A. Conduct a Public Hearing to receive comments regarding certification of certain delinquent taxes.
B. Adopt a Resolution certifying amount to be put on tax books as delinquent and collected accordingly.
9. Adopt a Resolution in support of National Night Out, Tuesday, October 4, 2016.
10. Adopt an Ordinance regarding a petition to annex a parcel of property legally described as: S/2, SW, Section 02, Township 16S, Range 28W, Miller County, Ark., containing 80 acres more or less.
11. Adopt an Ordinance amending the Texarkana, Arkansas Code of Ordinances to reflect the latest edition of the State Adopted Energy Codes.
12. Citizens' Communication:
Assistant Mayor Laney J. Harris: Discussion of the Rules of Order and Procedure. City Presentation or not.
13. Executive Session
A. Adopt a Resolution making appointments to various boards, commissions, and committees.
B. Boards and Commissions Expiration of Terms
The public is invited to attend the open portion of tonight's meeting that gets underway at 6:30PM at Arkansas side City Hall.