7th Annual Texarkana Mardi Gras Set For March 2
Go ahead and make plans for the 7th Annual Mardi Gras in downtown Texarkana. It will all take place on Saturday, March 2 from 10AM to 5PM.
Mardi Gras is always fun for the adults but there will be great activities for the kids too including a Kids Area with bounce houses, mask making, face painting, Selfie Station, Cornhole, washers and horseshoes.
If you're interested in having a craft booth or you're a food vendor, applications can be download at www.mardigrastexarkana.com.
The Theme this year is Bayou Boogie.
- Mardi Gras Shoebox floats for all age categories to be judged to win prizes download at www.mardigrastexarkana.com
- Virtual King Cake Baby contest on station websites in January
- Facebook contest on our websites to enter to be King & Queen of Krewe of Koinonia-pictures to be sent in then judged—winners ride in parade
Beast Feast- featured event by Harvest Regional Food Bank—cooking competition fundraiser for Harvest
Beast Feast at Mardi Gras will be a fundraising event presented by Harvest Regional Food Bank featuring competitors cooking venison, wild game, quail, duck, alligator, rabbit etc. that they have personally caught.
Competitors will be competing for prizes and bragging rights and visitors can sample their entries. Because Beast Feast is right before Lent when meat is to be given up during Lent, then Beast Feast is perfectly timed.
Entry applications and rules will be available soon at www.mardigrastexarkana.com
- 11AM - Krewe of Barkus, Meoux and Little Rascals—pets and kids of all ages to enter and can include decorating wagons, bikes, strollers, tricycles, and wheelchairs.
- 1PM - Zany Cajun Parade: golf carts, side by sides and ATVs.
- 3PM - Krewe of Koinonia---parade with Mardi Gras floats, antique and classic vehicles.
Applications can be downloaded at www.mardigrastexarkana.com