12-12-12: Twelve Random Facts About the Number 12 (Revisited)
Today is December 12, 2012 (12-12-12). Today is the last major numerical date using the Gregorian or Christian calendar for almost another century. The next time three numbers will align again will be on Jan. 1, 3001, or 1-1-1.
Here are twelve random facts about the number 12.
- There are 12 Function Keys on most PC keyboards.
- Football teams fans are sometimes referred to as the team's "12th Man".
- In Ten-Pin Bowling, you need to throw 12 strikes to bowl a perfect game.
- There are 12 pairs of ribs in the human body.
- Only 12 people have ever walked on the moon.
- The Beatles released a total of 12 studio albums.
- The Western Zodiac and the Chinese Zodiac each have 12 signs.
- The 12th Day of Christmas is January 5th. This period is known as Christmastide and marks the coming of Epiphany which is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ.
- According to the book of Joshua, there were 12 tribes of Israel.
- King Arthur's round table had 12 Knights plus himself.
- There are 12 cranial nerves in the human body.
- Although the Dallas Cowboys official policy is to not retire jerseys, the last Cowboy player to wear the number 12 was Roger Staubach. He retired in 1979.