Be Advised of Some Texarkana Road Closures Thursday and Friday
The City of Texarkana, Texas would like to warn people traveling on Elizabeth Street on Thursday, November 4, and Friday, November 5, of some road closures.
Beginning at 9 AM to 3 PM portions of Elizabeth Street from Hidden Acres Drive south to Texas Boulevard will be closed due to reconstruction. For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at 903- 798-3948.
A variety of other road work and construction continues in Bowie County this week. All drivers must stay alert, pay attention to road signs and slow down in the warned areas, always be on the lookout for road workers.
- I-30 – From FM 989 to AR State Line, reconstructing and widening the highway, concrete paving in median
- I-30 – From FM 989 to FM 3419, an extension of frontage roads
- I-30 – Westbound at Exit 207/Spur 594, ramp rehabilitation. Exit & entrance ramps are closed. Westbound lanes restricted to one lane
- I-30 – Eastbound from FM 2253, drainage upgrades. Traffic limited to one lane in some areas
- SH 8 – At Sulphur River, replacing bridges
- SH 98 – At Anderson Creek, bridge replacement. Traffic is restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through the work zone
For more information on road conditions contact the Texas Department of Transportation.