Scouting Report: Arkansas vs South Carolina.
After beating Kent State in convincing fashion on Saturday, Arkansas will try to end South Carolina's record setting streak of 22 straight NCAA tournament wins tonight in the College World Series in Omaha, NE.
Here's the scouting report for tonight's game.
- The defending College World Series Champs are 45-17 on the year and are ranked anywhere from 7th to 2nd in the major polls.
- They have won a record 22 straight NCAA tournament games.
- The good news for Razorback fans is that South Carolina has struggled against top teams, going 3-4 vs teams in the College World Series and 8-10 vs top 25 teams.
- The Razorbacks are 44-20 on the season and are ranked 20th in the coaches poll.
- They're 3-3 vs other CSW teams and 9-12 vs top 25 opponents this season.
- Razorback pitchers have thrown 10 shut outs this season, three shy of the school record.
This game figures to be a pitching duel with neither team being an offensive powerhouse and both featuring an outstanding pitching staff.
South Carolina will start a well rested Colby Holmes who comes into tonight's game with a 2.80 ERA on the year and a 7-1 record.
On the mound for Arkansas will be Ryne Stanek, who struggled against South Carolina in Fayetteville last month giving up 6 hits and 5 runs in an 8-6 Gamecock win. The Razorbacks, however, have a bullpen full of quality pitchers to come in if Stanek gets in a jam tonight.
South Carolina won the regular season series between the two teams 2 games to 1.
Bo Bigham update: During Saturday's game vs Kent State, Bo went 2-2 at the plate and scored 2 runs.