Senior Health & Wellness Expo in Texarkana June 3 [PHOTOS]
Get ready for the amazingly fun and informative 2016 Senior Health and Wellness Expo. It should actually just be called the "Wellness Expo" because it is really for all adults. You will learn new ways to improve your well being, get free health screenings and receive tons of great information.
Many of vendors will have raffles and giveaways. Join in on the games and talk to experts about different aspects of staying healthy for you, your parents and grandparents. All of the information as well as testing can be done for any age. The Expo will offer many choices if you have aging relatives who may soon be looking to make some major changes to their living arrangements. Don't wait until you are pressed to make big decisions. Gather the information now.
If you are searching for new doctors and healthcare professionals, many opportunities will be available to find them at this event, too.
- The Expo will be held on Friday June 3, from 9AM and noon.
- The Senior Health & Wellness Expo will be held at the Texarkana, Texas Convention Center located at 4610 Cowhorn Creek Loop, Texarkana, Texas
- This event is free and open to the public.
Wadley Scan will be in the parking lot from 9AM - 3PM. Vascular Screenings are available for $39.95 but you must make an appointment. For an appointment, call 1-877-7WADLEY.
Exhibitors at this Event:
- Wadley Regional Medical Center
- Active Age
- CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System
- Texarkana Convention Center
- Christus Home Health/Elite Home Health
- Mid-South Health Care Companies - Waterton Plaza, Colonial Lodge Assisted Living, Whispering Pines Assisted Living, The Oaks Assisted Living, Bella Vista Senior Independent Living, The Oaks Memory Care
- Mike Gilliam Hearing Center
- United Health Care
- American Red Cross
- Area Agency on Aging
- Arkansas BCBS
- Arkansas Rehabilitation Services/TAP
- Arkansas Relay Services
- Bailey Creek
- Bancorp South
- College Hill Drug
- DHS Division of Aging & Adult Services
- Domino Federal Credit Union
- East Funeral Home
- ENT Group
- HealthBack Home Health
- Hospice of Texarkana
- Miracle Ear
- North Heights Pharmacy
- Opportunities Inc.
- Pleasant Grove Family Clinic
- Red River Credit Union
- Red River Pharmacy
- Regions Bank
- Retreat at Kenwood
- Ross & Shoalmire
- Serenity Hospice
- Social Security Administration
- Superior Health Care
- Temple Memorial Rehab Center
- Texarkana Funeral Home
- Texarkana Regional Center on Aging
- Texarkana TX Parks & Rec
- The Barnette Agency
- UAMS Southwest
- Visiting Angels
Also, don't miss out on “Lunch and Learn” with John K. Ross, Esquire, with Ross & Shoalmire, Attorneys at Law, talking about "Elder Law" from noon to 1PM.
Here are some of the photos from last year's Senior Expo so you can get an idea of what goes on at this very fun event.