Texarkana Texas City Council Meets This Evening
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets for the final time in the month of May this evening starting at 6PM at Texas side City Hall.
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER BETTY WILLIAMS
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, June 11, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, July 9, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, August 13, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, August 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events: May 31st Movies in the Park: “Jumanji”** Spring Lake Park June 7th Movies in the Park: “Wonder”** Spring Lake Park. June 7th - 9 th Dixie Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park June 9th - 10th USSSA Men’s Softball Tournament Wallace Park **Movies in the Park will start at dusk.
All Parks & Recreation information can be found on the city website or by calling (903) 798-3978. Farmer’s Market Hours: 7:00 a.m - Until Sold Out Farmer’s Market Events:9:00 - 11:00 a.m. June 2nd - Yoga at the Market and Grilling Too! Sponsored by Dot’s Ace Hardware June 9th - Healthy Living Series with live music by Zach Yeldell
Farmer’s Market Night Market: June 9th - 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Joint City Committee Special Meeting of the City Council held on May 8, 2018 at 3:00 PM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on May 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
3. Resolution No. 2018-062 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract(s) with Texarkana Concrete for completion of the New Boston Road sidewalk improvements. Public Hearing: Council Vote: May 29, 2018
Open Forum: Comments from the public (Limit 5 minutes each) Items scheduled for "Public Hearing" or have been heard at a previous "Public Hearing" are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
4. Resolution No. 2018-061 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Total Highway Maintenance for completion of downtown parking and two-way street conversion and authorizing sole source expenditures for completion of the project scope . Public Hearing: Council Vote: May 29, 2018.
5. Ordinance No. 2018-065 amending the Code of Ordinances by adding Section 28-13, "Prohibited Conduct on Public Transportation", and repealing and deleting Article VI, "Public Transit Offenses", and Section 28-131, "Prohibitions; Public Transit Offenses". Public Hearing: Council Vote: May 29, 2018
6. Resolution No. 2018-066 establishing criteria for honorary street designations. Public Hearing: Council Vote: May 29, 2018
7. Resolution No. 2018-067 designating with an honorary street sign "topper" a portion of M. L. King, Jr. Boulevard, Plum and Apple Streets as "A.E. Alton Way". Public Hearing: Council Vote: May 29, 2018.
8. Resolution No. 2018-068 supporting the organization and mission of AR-TX REDI (Regional Economic Development Incorporated) for connecting prospective national and international business and industry contacts with regional partners to build a stronger economy. Public Hearing: Council Vote: May 29, 2018
V. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2018-064 authorizing the City Manager to negotiate and sign an economic development agreement with Gregg Orr for a term not to exceed ten (10) years to include a business incentive of a rebate of a portion of taxes paid by Gregg Orr and collected by the City derived from new business facilities to be constructed on an extension of Kenwood Road not to exceed Six Hundred Twelve Thousand Dollars ($612,000). Public Hearing: June 11, 2018 Council Vote: June 11, 2018.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2018-056 amending PD-18-2(C) for site plan approval on a 8.104 acre tract of land in the George Brinlee HRS, A-18, located in the 4000 block of Mall Drive. Gregg Orr, applicant. Kayla Wood, MTG Engineering and Surveying, agent. Public Hearing: May 29, 2018 Council Vote: May 29, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2018-057 amending PD-2(GR) for site plan approval on a 1.353 acre tract of land being part of Lot 2, South Cowhorn Creek Loop Subdivision (proposed Lot 4, Block 1), located in the 2000 block Mall Drive. Toney Livingston, under contract to purchase. David Williams, MTG Engineering and Surveying, agent. Public Hearing: May 29, 2018 Council Vote: May 29, 2018
3. Ordinance No. 2018-058 amending PD-2(GR) for site plan approval on a 1.330 acre tract of land being part of Lot 2, South Cowhorn Creek Loop Subdivision (proposed Lot 5, Block 1), located in the 2000 block of Mall Drive. CTM Hospitality, LLC, under contract to purchase. David Williams, MTG Engineering and Surveying, agent. Public Hearing: May 29, 2018 Council Vote: May 29, 2018
4. Ordinance No. 2018-059 granting a Specific Use Permit to allow a residential treatment center (women only) on Lots 8-10, Block 118, City Trigg Addition, located at 1114 Olive Street. Nelda Shavers, under contract to purchase. Public Hearing: May 29, 2018 Council Vote: May 29, 2018
VII. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
Staff Updates - None
VIII. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff I