Texarkana Texas City Council to Meet
The Texarkana Texas City Council is meeting this Monday evening starting at 6PM at Texas side City Hall.
Here is the agenda for tonight's meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER JEAN MATLOCK
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, October 8, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, October 22, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, November 26, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events: September 29th Alzheimer’s Walk Spring Lake Park September 29th Live Fit Kickball Tournament Wallace Park
October 4th Movies in the Park - “Peter Rabbit” ** Spring Lake Park October 6th Texarkana Board of Realtors 5 K Run Spring Lake Park ** Movies in the Park will Begin at dusk **
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting of the City Council held on September 5, 2018 at 12:15 PM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on September 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
3. Resolution No. 2018-108 authorizing the City Manager to enter into an annual contract for one year with four additional one-year renewal options for Seal Coat, One and Two Inch Overlay Paving Services with Gibson Asphalt Construction. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 24, 2018
4. Resolution No. 2018-109 authorizing the City Manager to enter into an annual contract for one year with four additional one-year renewal options for auto body repair and painting services with Twin City Collision. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 24, 2018
Open Forum: Comments from the public (Limit 5 minutes each) Per Council rules adopted April 9, 2018, agenda items scheduled for a public hearing or which have already had a public hearing are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum"
Action Items 5. Resolution No. 2018-112 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Tatum Excavating Company, Inc. in the amount of $86,350 for emergency drainage repair to the outlet structure for the lake at Skyline Boulevard. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 24, 2018
V. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2018-110 approving a decrease in rates related to the April 2018 application by SWEPCO for authority to decrease rates, directing SWEPCO to provide a refund, and directing SWEPCO to reimburse the city's rate case expenses. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 24, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2018-111 approving and adopting an amendment to the Purchasing Manual regarding donations of real property and personal property. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 24, 2018
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Resolution No. 2018-106 authorizing the City Manager to execute an amendment which provides for the extension of the Perot Theatre Management Agreement. Public Hearing: September 24, 2018 Council Vote: September 24, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2018-107 amending the Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, "Public Amusements and Special Events", Section 36-1 "Definitions", by amending Section 36-1, “Definitions”, deleting the word “parades” from the definition of “special events”. Public Hearing: September 24, 2018 Council Vote: September 24, 2018
VII. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
VIII. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff