Beat The Heat With Summer Hair
So it's summer...and it's hot. And being a girl with a ton of hair just makes it worse.
The good news is that us girls are crafty and I've come up with a few ways to stay cool even with my long hair. I think it's about time I shared them, don't you? These are my 10 go-to summer hairstyles...and let's be honest, year-round hairstyles at that.
- Ponytail, duh. I personally am a fan of the high pony...but that could just be because my hair is so long.
- Messy bun. It's great for that day-old hair that you need to stick up quick for a trip to the grocery store.
- A hat. It's really great because it operates as a shield to the world from your dirty hair AND it's basically a pair of sunglasses. Good deal if you ask me.
- Headbands. I own way too many. I prefer the wider bands that are cotton and stretchy, you know which ones I mean right? I just slide one on and am ready to go!
- Half up, half down. At least you're keeping some of your hair off your neck, right?
- BRAIDS. I love braids (in case you couldn't tell). You could do a braided ponytail, braid your bangs, a fishtail braid, a french braid...need I go on? I think braids are a great way to add a little fun to a regular boring hairstyle.
- Sock-buns. I know you have heard of the latest trend. And honestly, it's so easy to do and keeps all your hair out of your face and off your neck. What's great about a sock-bun is you can make it a little messy for running errands, or keep it really sleek and polished for work.
- Clips. Of course, I have to use a huge one to hold all my hair, but it's so easy to just twist my hair up in a clip and go.
- Beach waves. I don't know about you, but if I style my hair and just let it be wavy and whatever I'm usually not as hot as when I try to get that perfect straight blow out in the middle of summer.
- Or you know...just get a haircut. Summer is the perfect time to try out a new do! Maybe go with a longer bob type of cut if you have longer hair.
Regardless of your go-to summer hairstyle, just stay hydrated! That's honestly the best way for you to stay cool in the Texas heat. Or any heat for that matter.