2019 Worlds Championship Bar-B-Que Contest – Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
If you consider yourself a Bar-B-Que connoisseur or if you think your brisket can put the rest to shame, then you should consider tasting or participating in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo World Championship Bar-B-Que contest sometime. Here's the schedule for 2019:
WHEN: Feb. 21 – 23, 2019
- Thursday, Feb. 21: 5 to 11 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 22: noon to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 23: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
WHERE: NRG Park (Parking lot at 610 Loop and Kirby Drive)
- Adult (ages 13 and over): $20
- Child (ages 3 to 12): $5
- Children age 2 and under: Free
- NRG Park Season Pass: $35 (valid through the run of the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™: Feb. 25 – March 17, 2019)
With each ticket purchased, visitors receive a complimentary sliced beef sandwich plate on the porch-style area at The Chuck Wagon. Purchase tickets online at rodeohouston.com, or at the Contest gates.
Cook teams feature the most creative in barbecue decor, from pits disguised as fire engines and covered wagons, to airplanes and armadillos. More than 250 teams comprising more than 600 entries compete for best overall barbecue. Judging will be held Saturday, Feb. 23. The results will be announced at The Garden at 7 p.m.
The Garden Stage, sponsored by Miller Lite, is located inside the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, and features street dancing and live entertainment each night.
Thursday, Feb. 21
- 6:15 p.m.: DJ DU
- 7:15 – 8:45 p.m.: Bri Bagwell
- 9:15 – 10:45 p.m.: Rich O’Toole
Friday, Feb. 22
- 3:30 p.m.: DJ DU
- 5 – 6:30 p.m.: Dirty River Boys
- 7:15 – 8:45 p.m.: The Band of Heathens
- 9:15 – 10:45 p.m.: Shinyribs
Saturday, Feb. 23
- 11:30 a.m.: DJ DU
- noon – 1:30 p.m.: Junior Gordon
- 2 – 3:30 p.m.: Kimberly Dunn
- 4 – 5:30 p.m.: George Ducas
- 7 p.m.: Contest Awards Presentation
- 7:45 – 9:15 p.m.: Cory Morrow
- 9:30 – 11 p.m.: Roger Creager
The Rockin’ Bar-B-Que Saloon is located inside the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, and features street dancing and live entertainment each night.
Thursday, Feb. 21, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 22, 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 23, 4 p.m.
The Carnival is open during the contest for family enjoyment of all ages.
- Thursday, Feb. 21: 6 – 11 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 22: 3 – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 23: noon – 11 p.m.
PARK & RIDE AND PARKING
Visit rodeohouston.com for Park & Ride information.
Limited parking is available at NRG Park in the following lots:
- Miller Lite Yellow Lot: $20
- 610 Lot: $20
Visit rodeohouston.com for more information.