Texarkana Arkansas Police Department Now Hiring Officers
The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department will be hosting a Civil Service Test on Saturday, April 10, for those interested in becoming police officers.
TAPD offers competitive pay with a salary pay range of $44,338.39 - $59, 585. 52 depending on experience and other qualifications. Minority and Female applicants are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is April 5, at 5PM.
The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department also offers an excellent benefits package for those hired by the department.
- Certified Officers can receive lateral pay for up to 5 years
- Yearly step increases during your first five years
- 15 days paid vacation annually increases with tenure
- 20 days of paid sick leave annually
- 11-hour shift with 4 and 5 day weekends
- College education incentive pay after the first year with a maximum of $1536 per year
- Certificate pay - Maximum is $1440 per year
- Longevity pay up to 25 years of service
- Affordable Health Insurance - affordable family coverage
- Arkansas LOPFI Retirement with annual COLA
- Take your health and family insurance coverage with you at retirement
- Uniforms, equipment, and firearms are provided
- Use of weight room and physical fitness facility at no charge
- Must be 21 years of age and a U. S. Citizen with a valid driver's license
- Pass written exam and a physical assessment
- No felony convictions
For further information, please contact Corporal Potts at the Police Personnel Office 903-798-3125 or visit their Facebook page. Texarkana Arkansas Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
READ MORE: See 50 remote jobs that can pay well