Texarkana Texas City Council to Meet For Final Time This Year
The Texarkana Texas City Council is set to meet for the final regularly scheduled time tonight at 6PM at City Hall.
Here is a complete look at the agenda for tonight's meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER MARY HART
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Upcoming City Council Meetings:
Monday, December 25, 2017 - CANCELLED
Monday, January 8, 2018
Monday, January 22, 2018
Parks & Recreation Events:
No events are scheduled.
For a complete list of Parks & Recreation activities and information call 903-798-3978
Appointments to Boards & Commissions Revisiting the discussion for the appointment of a council member to the Ark-Tex Council of Governments board.
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for "Public Hearing" or have been heard at a previous "Public Hearing" are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on November 27, 2017 at 6:00 PM.
2. Ordinance No. 2017-132 determining a lack of public necessity and abandoning a part of a utility easement in Parcel 2, Block No. 1 Galleria Oaks #1 Addition in the vicinity of the AT&T Store at 5112 Summerhill Road. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: December 11, 2017
3. Resolution No. 2017-133 authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement consenting to the assignment of City agreements with International Paper Company to Graphic Packaging Holding Company or its affiliates. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: December 11, 2017
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2017-121 amending the Code of Ordinances, Chapter 140 "Zoning", Section 140-111 "UPDD University Planned Development District" to add the additional use of "application of permanent cosmetics business" in Area 8 (Richmond Road Mixed Use Development Area). Kayla Neely, applicant. Public Hearing: December 11, 2017 Second Briefing: January 8, 2018 Council Vote: January 22, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2017-122 granting a specific use permit to allow the location of a tattoo studio in a tenant space (Suite 110A) in Oaklawn Center, located at 2729 New Boston Road (part of a 25.334 acre tract of land in the Eli Moore HRS, A-401). New Boston Retail Group, LLC, applicant. Nathan Biddle, agent. Public Hearing: December 11, 2017 Second Briefing: January 8, 2018 Council Vote: January 22, 2018.
3. Ordinance No. 2017-123 amending PD-05-7(GR) for site plan approval to allow a dentist office and future retail space on Lot 1, Pavilion Park Minor Plat, located at the northeast corner of Pavilion Parkway and Gibson Lane. Mitchell Glass, applicant. Kayla Wood, MTG Engineers and Surveyors, agent. Public Hearing: December 11, 2017 Second Briefing: January 8, 2018 Council Vote: January 22, 2018
4. Resolution No. 2017-131 approving the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Comprehensive Assessment Performance Evaluation Report. Public Hearing: December 11, 2017 Second Briefing: Council Vote: December 11, 2017
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION Staff Updates - Vital Statistics Department
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff
XII. CLOSED SESSION
The City Council will convene into closed session pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (consultation with City Attorney).
XIII. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION