Hungry? Try This Ribeye Man-Sandwich!
A couple of weeks ago my husband, John, was telling me about a sandwich his Aussie bro, David, had made. I was thinking, Hmm, ok what could be so special about this sandwich? Ah, Ribeye steak! But that’s not all, it’s the way you build the sandwich! This is truly a Man-wich! John was even making caveman noises in the kitchen as he built this Man-wich! Arrrggh, errrr, grrrr! Men…what can I say? But, I will say… it was really, really good!
- 1 Round Bread Loaf
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 4 or 5 slices of bacon
- Swiss cheese
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- small onion
- Worcester sauce
- Other spices you like – we used pepper and cayenne pepper
- Cut top off round loaf of bread and hollow out. Cook steaks to your preference, saute mushrooms and onions. Cook bacon. Now your ready to build!
- John lined the inside of the bread loaf with slices of Swiss cheese so the bread underneath doesn’t get soggy. Place the steaks inside (might have to cut to fit).
- Sprinkle Worcester Sauce on top of steaks. Now layer the bacon on top followed by mushrooms and onions. Repeat the layering of mushrooms, onion, bacon and cheese til the loaf is full.
- Now comes the fun part! Wrap the sandwich in wax paper followed by foil. Put it on a plate then weigh it down! We put a cutting board on top of the sandwich followed by a ton of heavy books!
- Let it sit for about an hour so the sandwich will compress, then it’s ready to serve!
Just a warning it’s filling! We could only eat a quart of the sandwich each, but there is always tomorrow!