Check Out The New Attraction Lineup for 2018 East Texas State Fair In Tyler
The East Texas State Fair today announced their fresh lineup of entertainment for the 2018 Fair season, boasting SEVEN brand new attractions to add to the fun! While
you can expect all the tried and true favorites, exciting new additions promise the likes of mind-bending magic, sea lion stunts, craft beer, and acapella shows, just to name a few. With a lineup this jam-packed, there’s more to see and do at the Fair this year than ever before- mark your calendars, because it all takes place Sept. 21-30th!
“We’re tremendously excited for the 2018 Fair season and can’t wait for guests to experience the exciting new features we’ve carefully curated,” said Cody Rosenbalm, Director of Marketing. “This lineup is really going to change what guests are used to seeing at the fair.”
According to the Press Release, you should saddle up for a novel Fair experience and read on for all the newest attractions coming for 2018:
- Sheldon Casavant the Magician - Have your perceptions of reality challenged as Sheldon Casavant performs mysterious acts right before your eyes. Canada’s entertainer of the year will perform in the historic Mayfair building every night. Leave anything valuable at home- he might make it vanish! An amazing show happening every day of the fair, and FREE with regular fair admission! See a video of Sheldon in action here: https://bit.ly/2lZtQWZ “The Sheldon Casavant show is going to bring the historic Mayfair building back to life with a first-class presentation from a world-renowned magician.” – Cody Rosenbalm, Director of Marketing at Park of East Texas
- Sea Lion Splash- You don’t want to miss the exciting and fascinating Sea Lion Splash show. Prepare to witness sea lions with more coordination and dance skills than most people you know! Presented three times a day every day and FREE with your Fair admission, these talented sea creatures will wow you with their stunts and skills! Find more info here: https://bit.ly/2IZWEaW
- Timberworks- A uniquely thrilling show, witness a world class showdown between two authentic lumberjacks as they go head to head in this hilarious and fast paced competition. Expect a comedic face-off full of axe throwin’, log rollin’, and chainsaw carvin’ goodness- plus, learn a thing or two about logging history in between laughs. Trust us, you haven’t seen anything like this before! Offered three times a day every day, this show is FREE with your Fair admission. Read all the details here: https://bit.ly/2KzJ6Zj
- The Sound Exchange- The pitch perfect harmonies of this five piece acapella group will take you on a melodic journey that’s sure to leave you in awe! Serving up more than just sensational sounds, this acapella experience might surprise you- think ballads blended with comedy and hilarious audience interaction. This unique, must see show happens twice a day in The Summit, FREE with your Fair
admission! Head here for more info: https://bit.ly/2uh8aJk
- The Summit: If you’re looking for the best way to cap off your night- or maybe just need your live music fix- you’ve found it! Head to The Summit to catch one of the many, FREE live music performances happening nightly. Located in the heart of the Fair, The Summit is the ultimate party, where you’ll find a variety of all the best tunes East Texas has to offer along with ice cold beer and margaritas. Check out the full artist lineup here: https://bit.ly/2KTN5zi
- Craft Beer Tour: This exciting new experience is the perfect addition to the Fair. Featuring a variety of Texas breweries, the Craft Beer Tour will offer fairgoers a unique experience as they sample up to 24 different brews. Held in an upscale bar in the center of the Fair, make your way through the Tour as you immerse yourself in all the local craft beer scene has to offer. Representatives from each brewery will be on site to discuss beers with visitors, answer questions and make recommendations. Happening during the first and second weekends of the fair, you can’t miss this all new attraction! Check out all the schedule and pricing details here: https://bit.ly/2m1DND5
- Chili Cook-Off: The search for the Grand Champion of chili is on! For just $5, enjoy samples of chili from over 30 different teams facing off in the hopes being crowned the winner! Think you’ve got a winning recipe of your own? Rally your team up and register to compete here: https://bit.ly/2LluDg2 Happening
on the first Sunday of the Fair, this is the place to be for live music, cold beer, and plenty of taste bud tinglin’, homemade chili!
This impressive lineup of all things new to do at the Fair will not disappoint- there’s truly something for everyone! And let’s not forget all the favorite returning attractions:
- The Great American Petting Zoo: This petting zoo is unlike any other- held within a 1,200 square foot enclosure, each animal runs freely with the public once inside! A favorite among kiddos, these friendly animals- all hand raised here in Texas- make for a ton of fun in this barrier-free petting zoo. The space is kept immaculately clean, and trained petting zoo staff are always available for any questions!
Another FREE attraction – open every single day of the Fair, find more info here: https://bit.ly/2ughMnF
- Pony Rides: Your kid will thank you for this one! Come let them experience a real live pony ride, carousel style! For $5, these beautiful, purebred Welsh ponies will take your kiddos for a ride they won’t soon forget. Presented by Pony Express of Texas, these local ponies are safe, clean and a whole lotta fun. Happening every day of the fair, find more info here: https://bit.ly/2zlrfju
- Carnival Rides and Games: As always, the Fair won’t leave you hanging if you’re in need of some thrill or friendly competition. You’ll find tons of exciting rides like The Freak Out, The Tornado, and The Ring of Fire, along with plenty of gaming fun this year at the Fair. For detailed schedule and pricing info, head here: https://bit.ly/2N23H51
- Legendary Food Row: Mac & Cheese Fries, Chocolate Covered Fried Bacon, Chili Dogs, Turkey Legs, 4 Meat Baked Potato, Fried Cheesecake...need we say more? The options available at Food Row are endless- wear your comfy pants and your maybe belt a tad loose, because everyone knows there’s no such thing as a diet during the Fair. This is the real deal, folks- find a list of all the different vendors and food offerings here (it’s crazy long!): https://bit.ly/2ui4FT2
It’s hard to believe how much there is to offer at this year’s Fair- the organizers have gone above and beyond to ensure an unforgettable experience for each and every guest. And don’t forget- there’s still SO much more to see and do at the Fair in addition to this incredible curation of attractions! Whether it be the Photography Contest, the Livestock Show, Senior Day Bingo, or the countless exhibits in The Marketplace, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Gear up, everybody- The East Texas State Fair plans to blow it out of the water for 2018.
See you there!