Emergency Food Distribution in 19 Counties Including Texarkana
Central Arkansas Development Council whose mission is to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty, to help vulnerable populations achieve their potential, and to build strong communities in Arkansas through community action will be holding an emergency food distribution in its 19-county service area during the months of April and May.
CADC will be distributing nearly 9,200 food boxes that will contain over 50 pounds of food. Customers will be asked to show I.D. and will be limited to one box per family. Families will have to meet income eligibility guidelines to qualify and be limited to the county in which they live. Distributions will begin around 9 AM and proceed while supplies last. The locations and dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, April 27 DeQueen (Sevier County) Cossatot Community College 183 College Drive
- Ashdown (Little River County) Ashdown Methodist Church, 145 E. Commerce
- Wednesday, April 28 Texarkana (Miller County) 4 States Fairgrounds East 50th
- Thursday, April 29 Lewisville (Lafayette County) Lafayette County Fairgrounds 1360 Highway 82
- Prescott (Nevada County) Potlach Building 200 Mill Street
- Friday, April 30 Hope (Hempstead County) The Coliseum 800 S. Mockingbird
- Tuesday, May 4 Nashville (Howard County) City Park W, Johnson Street
- Murfreesboro (Pike County) Municipal Building 204 E. Main St.
- Wednesday, May 5 Glenwood (Pike County) Glenwood Senior Center 229 Betty St.
- Mt. Ida (Montgomery County) County Coup Extension 117 Ray St.
- Wednesday, May 12 El Dorado (Union County) Eastside Fairgrounds 420 E. 19th
- Thursday, May 13 Camden (Ouachita County) Carnes Park 955 Adams SE
- Tuesday, May 18 Fordyce (Dallas County) Fordyce Civic Center Hwy 79/167 Bypass
- Hampton (Calhoun County) First Baptist Church 205 Dunn St.
- Wednesday, May 19 Lonoke (Lonoke County) Lonoke County Fairgrounds 1006 W. 3rd
- Ward (Lonoke County) Water Works 404 E. 2nd St.
- Thursday, May 20 Arkadelphia (Clark County) Arkadelphia Senior Center 1305 N. 10th St.
- Tuesday, May 25 Malvern ( Hot Spring County) ASU Three Rivers 1 College Circle
- Wednesday, May 26 Benton (Saline County) Saline County Fairgrounds 406 Fairfield
CADC will also be distributing The Emergency Food Assistance Program, USDA Commodities the same day in many locations. Customers may qualify for both programs.
For more information on the distribution, visit our website at cadc.com or contact your local CADC office.
LOOK: 30 fascinating facts about sleep in the animal kingdom