‘Put On Purple’ Draw Down Against Lupus Is This Friday, December 7 in New Boston
Put On Purple Draw Down Against Lupus is coming up this Friday, December 7 at the American Legion Post 488 in New Boston Texas. Tons of fun, food, drinks, and someone is going to win $5000.00!
Tickets are $100 each and each ticket includes dinner and drinks for two people and entry for one into the *draw down for $5000. Only 150 tickets will be sold.
- Dinner will consist of brisket or chicken with sides and a dessert.
- Open bar for those ages 21 and up, until they run out or 10 pm whichever comes first.
- Veterans get a 10% discount on tickets.
- Entertainment by Durango Band
- Silent and live auctions
The doors open at 6, the event starts at 7:00 pm.
We will also have two Uber Drivers on hand for flat rate fee.
Proceeds from this event go to the Lupus Foundation of America Lone Star Chapter to help fund research for a cause and a cure for the disease Lupus. They are also working on opening a chapter in our local area to help those here battling Lupus.
A Big Thanks to the American Legion Post 488 for all their support in this event.
* A Draw Down is a type of raffle during which all sold tickets are individually drawn at random during the event. The Grand Prize money is $5,000. The names and ticket numbers are displayed on a board at the event. Put On Purple set a goal for the number of raffle tickets to be sold (150). Tickets are $100 each and admit two adults into the event. A ticket purchaser may elect to purchase optional insurance for $20 at the door. As each name is drawn from the ticket barrel, it is removed from the board. However, if the ticket holder purchased insurance, then his/her name is put back on the board for a second chance at the drawing.
Ticket buyers must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the drawing. Winners do not have to be present to win. We can issue you a proxy to designate your wishes to split the winning prize or not.
When 10 names remain on the board, these ticket holders will be invited up front. At this time if there is anyone whose name is still on the board but who is not up front with other ticket holders, we will issue a proxy and verify wishes to split or continue the draw down. Only one person per ticket will be allowed on stage to represent and make a decision regarding that ticket.
Then the Ticket Holders are asked if they wish to split the prize or continue drawing. If any person is not in agreement to split the $5,000 then the drawing continues until all ticket holders agree to split or until the last ticket is drawn. If the ticket holders agree to split, then the number of ticket holders remaining will evenly split the $5,000 prize.
More details available on Facebook.