Something Wicked Is Coming to Magic Springs In October
The spookiest time of the year is fast approaching as Magic Springs prepares to welcome guests to Magic Screams. Beginning October 6, the park will be transformed to a creepy, scary destination for all ages with new extended hours. The park will open at noon Saturdays until 11 p.m. and Sundays until 9 p.m., October 6-28. Magic Screams has become the must-do attraction during Halloween offering family fun by day and fright by night. There is nothing scarier than riding roller coasters in the dark, and Magic Screams gets hearts pumping with six one-of-a-kind ultra-scary haunted houses that are free with park admission.
"Cooler nights and the chance to ride roller coasters in the dark have always made Magic Screams a special time for families," said General Manager Jack Bateman. "This year we are excited to offer an additional four hours of fun for families as well as the all new NiteFort kid-friendly haunted house based on the popular video game. It is definitely going to be the best Magic Screams ever at Magic Springs."
According to the Press Release, with a Season Pass or one-day admission, guests can enjoy all the wicked fun including free admission to the park's six haunted houses:
- NEW FOR 2018 - NiteFort (4-9 p.m.)
- CarnEvil #9 – Ultimate Clown House (Chicken Hour 5-6 p.m. Full Scare 6-Close)
- ExiTrance – Bridge to Nowhere (Full Scare Dark-Close)
- LAST RIDE – Zombie Hunt Adventure (Full Scare Dark-Close)
- Lola – The Haunted Doll (Chicken Hour 5-6 p.m. Full Scare 6 p.m.-Close)
- Wasteland – Some Secrets Can’t be Buried (Full Scare 6 p.m.-Close)
The fun doesn't stop there as Magic Screams will also feature:
ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW – Including Full Shadow Cast
Saturday, October 6 ONLY at the Timberwood Amphitheater. The show starts at 7 p.m. and is included with your park admission or Season Pass. Guests are encouraged to dress as their favorite RHPS character but not required.
FAMILY MOVIE SERIES:
- Coraline Oct. 7
- The Haunted Mansion Oct. 13 & 14
- Hotel Transylvania Oct. 20 & 21
- Halloween Oct. 27 & 28
- Show times are 7 p.m. nightly at the Split Rock Grill
KID-SIZED FRIGHTS (CHILD-FRIENDLY)
- Fraidy-Cat Pumpkin Patch Flag Pole Area (2-8 p.m.)
- Trick or Treat Trail - Spooky Springs Family Fun Zone (2-6 p.m.)
LIVE SHOWS: Slash-Dance Street Party
- 6-8 p.m. Oct. 6, 13, 20 & 27
- 5-7 p.m. Oct 7, 14, 21 & 28
Wicked Fire - Presented by Arkansas Fire & Arts
- 8:30 p.m. & 9:30 p.m. Oct. 6, 13, 20 & 27
- 7:30 & 8:30 p.m. Oct 7, 14, 21 & 28
CONTESTS – Every Weekend - Fright Flicks Terror Trail
- Entry forms available at Guest Relations
The Great Pumpkin Roll
- Sign-up at Pine Cone Theater by 1:30 p.m.
- Contest begins at 2 p.m.
- Ages 5 and younger
The Great Mummy Wrap
- Sign-up at Pine Cone Theater by 3 p.m.
- Contest begins at 3:30 p.m.
- Teams of 4 or less
- Sign-up at Pine Cone Theater by 4:30 p.m.
- Contest begins at 5 p.m.
- Categories include –
CONTESTS – King & Queen of Screams
- Sign-up at Pine Cone Theater 6 p.m.
- Contest begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Categories include –
Season Passes and park tickets are available online at MagicSprings.com.
About Magic Springs Theme and Water Park:
Located on the FUN side of Hot Springs, about 50 miles west of Little Rock, AR. Magic Springs is Arkansas's ONLY theme and water park. A single price admission includes use of the rides, attractions and special events. The park is open Saturdays Noon-11 p.m. and Sundays Noon-9 p.m. during October. Magic Springs is operated by Premier Parks, LLC.