Chili Cookoff to Benefit Local Cub Scout Pack 1149
Chili cooks grab your aprons, cutting boards and pots because it soon it will be time to show off and help raise funds for Cub Scout Pack 1149.
The event will take place on Saturday, February 20, at the Elks Lodge on 3702 New Boston Road in Texarkana, Texas. Cooks will setup and start cooking at noon, then the event will be open to the public from 5 - 8PM.
Entry fee for the cookoff is only $20 if you enter before January 25 and $25 if you enter between January 26 - February 15. The entry fee is $30 the day of the event.
According to the contestant rules on their Facebook page:
- Contestant must be signed in by 12:30PM
- Entry fee is nonrefundable unless contest is canceled
- Contestants must supply all ingredients
- All chili must be labeled with type of meat, level of heat, and with or without beans
- All chili must be cooked on site
- A 3 gallon minimum is required
If you just want to attend and eat some great chili, simply pay $5 per bowl, then it's all you can eat. You'll find sign-up sheets in our Townsquare Media lobby at 2324 Arkansas Blvd.
For more information visit their Facebook event page, or call Latisha Harvey at (903) 701-4135.