Looking for Veterans of World War II, and Korean War in Area
Ashdown Public Schools is looking for veterans of World War II, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War who were not able to receive their diplomas from due to military service.
The Arkansas State Board of Education allows these diplomas to be granted pursuant to Ark. Code Ann. 6-16-133 and 6-16-134.
To be eligible, veterans who left high school before graduation to serve in World War II, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War, were honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States of America, be a resident of the State of Arkansas, and have served a minimum of eighteen consecutive months’ active duty or been discharged with a service-connected disability during one of the following:
- For veterans of World War II, between September 16, 1940, and December 31, 1946.
- For veterans of the Korean War, between June 1, 1950, and January 1, 1954; or
- For veterans of the Vietnam War, between July 3, 1965, and May 15, 1975.
A veteran shall present to the school district’s board of directors any of the following documentation of honorable discharge as evidence of eligibility under this Rule:
- A War Department Adjutant General’s Office Form (WD AGO);
- A Naval Personnel discharge document (NAVPERS);
- A Report of Separation from Active Duty; or
- A DD Form 214 (DD-214)
Veterans may present this information to the Ashdown Public Schools Administration Building at 751 Rankin Street or call 870-898-3208 for more information.
Diplomas will be presented during the November Board Meeting (November 11, 2019) in conjunction with Veteran’s Day.