Moores Lane Road Work Resurfacing to Start Monday
Work to resurface Farm to Market Road 2240/Moores Lane in Texarkana is scheduled to begin this Monday night, May 9.
“The project will stretch 1.5 miles from FM 559/Richmond Road to FM 1397/Summerhill Road and includes the resurfacing of the existing two-lane highway,” said Texarkana Area Engineer Tommy Bruce. “Work is scheduled to take place nightly, Sunday night through Thursday night, from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. to minimize the impact on motorists,” Bruce added. During the nightly work, traffic will be limited to one lane.
R.K. Hall, LLC of Paris was awarded the contract with a bid of $651,270.33 in January.
The project is expected to wrap up in about four weeks, weather permitting.
Other Road Work in the Area
- I-30 – From FM 989 to AR State Line, reconstructing and widening highway, daytime work in the median. Motorists should watch for trucks and equipment pulling onto the interstate
- I-30 – Westbound at Exit 207/Spur 594, ramp rehabilitation. Exit ramp closed. I-30 westbound lanes in this area restricted to one lane
- I-30 – Concrete pavement repair eastbound. Various daytime lane closures, expect delays
- US 59 - From Arkansas State line to 1.5 miles north of I-30, installing safety barrier cable. Daily lane closures
- SH 8 – At Sulphur River, replacing bridges
- SH 98 – At Anderson Creek, bridge replacement. Traffic is restricted to one lane with signal lights controlling traffic through the work zone