Snow-mageddon 2018? – Never Hurts to Prepare
Don't panic! Yes, it appears we're going to get some ice and snow tonight, maybe 2 - 3 inches. Preparations are a good idea, but buying up every stinking loaf of bread and every gallon of milk at the grocery store is probably a bit of an overreaction.
Near as we can tell around here, this icy/snowy event tonight should not be the ice storm of 2000, so let's all take a step back, a deep breath and remember a few things:
- Make sure you have enough gas in your vehicle(s) to last a few days, just in case.
- If you have generators make sure you have fresh fuel for them as well.
- Check your medications, make sure you have enough to last for a few days.
- Most of us have enough food in our pantry and freezer to last a week or more if need be. So let's don't go into panic buying mode.
- Check your pipe wrappings and make sure your home is ready for another couple of days of below freezing temps.
- Make sure you have a way to boil water/cook food if the electricity goes out.
- If your home is heated by electricity then make sure you have blankets, sleeping bags, wood for the fireplace. Alternate means of keeping warm.
- Check on elderly neighbors.
- Check on your animals.
- Don't panic.
Be good neighbors, if someone needs something and you have extra, help them out. it's the right thing to do.
Stay warm Ark-La-Tex!