Here Are 5 Cool Things You Can Do This Weekend In Texarkana
Tax-Free weekends, some homemade salsas, and awesome live music highlight the things to do in Texarkana this weekend.
1. Tax-Free Weekend. It is tax-free weekend in Arkansas and Texas as we get ready to go back to school in the Texarkana area. Check out the stories for everything you can get tax-free this weekend.
2. Great Live music In Texarkana. From the rocking sounds of 'Teazur' to the piano sounds of 'The 2 Pianos' and Texarkana's favorite 'Relentless', you can find some awesome live music in Texarkana.
3. The Randy Sams Shelter is holding its cornhole invitation at Crossties in downtown Texarkana on Saturday.
4. Texarkana Texas Farmer's Market. This is the final weekend for the Texas side farmer's market. They will wrap up the season with their annual "Salsa Contest". On Saturday.
5. The Silvermoon On Broad presents "The Sleepy Chaperone". This is what the Silvermoon On Board had to say about this show:
Hailed by New York Magazine as "The Perfect Broadway Musical," The Drowsy Chaperone is a masterful meta-musical, poking fun at all the tropes that characterize the musical theatre genre. Because of its many featured roles and accessible script, The Drowsy Chaperone will fit perfectly into any company's season or school's calendar.
We have a brand new station for you to check out. Good Time Oldies is on the air at 107.5 FM and 790 AM. What are good time oldies?
GOOD TIME OLDIES features the golden era of pop, rock, and soul: hit music of the ’60s and ’70s with a healthy portion of “oh-wow” songs from other decades. The music is up tempo and the presentation is full of energy, including features about rock and roll history and the timeless artists of the era.
Here is the website for the new station. You can also follow us on Facebook and we have a free app as well.