Texarkana’s Collins Senior Center Kitchen to Re-Open Monday, May 17th
The Collins Senior Center located at 3000 Texas Boulevard reopened back on Monday, March 15th after almost a year of being closed due to COVID-19. The senior center is open Monday-Friday from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. But at that time the kitchen was still closed, they still served box-lunch meals but nothing was prepared there, well that's about to change.
Coming up Monday, May 17, the kitchen at the Collins Senior Center will reopen for free lunches from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In addition to the free lunch returning, they also have a new membership program so patrons can register using their state-issued identification for fun activities, including:
• Armchair Aerobics on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
• Quilting, Knitting & Crochet on Tuesdays 12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.
• Games daily from 12:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
• Bridge on Fridays from 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. (players wanted)
• Line Dancing Class instructed by Charlotte on Thursday mornings from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ($1 participation fee)
• Bingo on Thursdays from 1:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.
• Book exchange area
Please stop by for a calendar of events or call at 903-793-5545 for more information.
LOOK: Here Are 30 Foods That Are Poisonous to Dogs
How Many in America: From Guns to Ghost Towns